This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL Client automated install over SCOM

Is SSL VPN client any way connected with user x.509 certificate?

Can we deploy and install one SSL Client over SCOM or other automated client install sw or user MUST connect with it’s account to WebPortal?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I asked this exact same question about 3 years ago. Didn't get a good answer then, I don't think there is a good answer yet. Kinda curious since they focus on selling this product to businesses. SCCM seems like something that should be defacto at this point. Anyway...

Here is a script I created (install.bat).
    -Copy it to a shared folder someplace on your network, or on the SCCM server. Users need read access.
    -Download your own client install "setup.exe" from your UTM.
    -Adjust the batch file "" and "".

It does the following.
    1. Remove Cisco VPN (only for a specific version we had, you can remove this portion)
    2. Remove any previous Sophos VPN installs
    3. Install Sophos VPN
    4. Copy VPN shortcut to "all users" profile
    5. Remove the config file of the "setup.exe" you downloaded (This makes your install generic, vs copying your profile to everyones PC).
    6. Change the "Config" folder permissions so everyone can install their own config files
    7. Kill Sophos VPN "Stoplight" icon
    8. Install the "OpenVPNGUi.exe" directly from "Open VPN client". (I did this because the stoplight gui started crashing on users. This one is solid)
    9. Reboot.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
    Private: 1 Mini ITX (EMB-CV1), Atom D2550 1.86 GHz Dual Core CPU, 8GB RAM, UTM 9.3 Home License, AP100
    Business: 2 UTM320 in HA (Active/Passive), Full Guard, 7 AP50's, 1 AP100

SophosVPN.zip
  • I asked this exact same question about 3 years ago. Didn't get a good answer then, I don't think there is a good answer yet. Kinda curious since they focus on selling this product to businesses. SCCM seems like something that should be defacto at this point. Anyway...

Here is a script I created (install.bat).
    -Copy it to a shared folder someplace on your network, or on the SCCM server. Users need read access.
    -Download your own client install "setup.exe" from your UTM.
    -Adjust the batch file "" and "".

It does the following.
    1. Remove Cisco VPN (only for a specific version we had, you can remove this portion)
    2. Remove any previous Sophos VPN installs
    3. Install Sophos VPN
    4. Copy VPN shortcut to "all users" profile
    5. Remove the config file of the "setup.exe" you downloaded (This makes your install generic, vs copying your profile to everyones PC).
    6. Change the "Config" folder permissions so everyone can install their own config files
    7. Kill Sophos VPN "Stoplight" icon
    8. Install the "OpenVPNGUi.exe" directly from "Open VPN client". (I did this because the stoplight gui started crashing on users. This one is solid)
    9. Reboot.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
    Private: 1 Mini ITX (EMB-CV1), Atom D2550 1.86 GHz Dual Core CPU, 8GB RAM, UTM 9.3 Home License, AP100
    Business: 2 UTM320 in HA (Active/Passive), Full Guard, 7 AP50's, 1 AP100

SophosVPN.zip
Children
No Data