This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Errors trying to regenerate certificates (Heartbleed mitigation)

Hi all,

My home UTM is throwing an error when I try regenerate certificates and signing CA under the Remote Access->Certificate Management->Advanced

The Confd reported an error without providing any details. 

Any ideas? FWIW, I was able to reset my WebAdmin cert without any trouble.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • first print out your rules and configurations manually just in case.

yes...
    I've never done a bakcup with unique data removed if i am restoring to the same configuration i am ot sure why one would do this.

anyways.

make a backup with uniqwue data..then make one without.  do not restore them.

reload form scratch.  When the system comes up run through the setup wizard DO NOT RESTORE BACKUP AT THIS TIME.
    use dummy info for everything except for the internal interface enter the ip for that manually.
    when system reboots and the setup begins use dummy information here DO NOT RESTORE THE BACKUP.
    once the initial setup is done log into webadmin and restore the backup without unique data.  wait 5 minutes.
    see if things work well if so then restore the unique site backup..wait 10 minutes.
    see if htings are ok.

Owner:  Emmanuel Technology Consulting

http://etc-md.com

Former Sophos SG(Astaro) advocate/researcher/Silver Partner

PfSense w/Suricata, ntopng, 

Other addons to follow

• I've never done a bakcup with unique data removed if i am restoring to the same configuration i am ot sure why one would do this.

My bad.  I misunderstood the sequence in slickone27's "trick" to regen the certs.  I wasn't clear if I had to do the restore from a fresh installation or could just do everything from within WebAdmin without performing a new installation.

once the initial setup is done log into webadmin and restore the backup without unique data.  wait 5 minutes.
    see if things work well if so then restore the unique site backup..wait 10 minutes.
    see if htings are ok.

Won't the restore using "Unique Site Data" overwrite the new certificates (that I just re-generated) with the old certificates?

Thanks,

Ben

• I've never done a bakcup with unique data removed if i am restoring to the same configuration i am ot sure why one would do this.

My bad.  I misunderstood the sequence in slickone27's "trick" to regen the certs.  I wasn't clear if I had to do the restore from a fresh installation or could just do everything from within WebAdmin without performing a new installation.

see if htings are ok.

Won't the restore using "Unique Site Data" overwrite the new certificates (that I just re-generated) with the old certificates?

Thanks,

Ben
Children
No Data