This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot PING Ipsec VPN Tunnel(s)

Cannot ping Ipsec VPN tunnel to remote networks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Do you have the ICMP options enabled, or packet filter rules?

Barry
  • ICMP enabled for ping.  Have established packet rule(s) for ping to the specific remote network but still cannot ping.
  • Try doing a traceroute and see if it's trying to go through the tunnel or over the internet.

Barry
  • I too have the same problem. I cant ping the client and vice versa. Trace route is through the ASG and not over the net. ICMP is enabled. All the green lights are lit. Cant access any servers from the client tho [:(]
  • I too have the same problem. I cant ping the client and vice versa. Trace route is through the ASG and not over the net. ICMP is enabled. All the green lights are lit. Cant access any servers from the client tho [:(]

Do you ping FROM the ASG through the tunnel or do you ping from a client OVER the ASG through the tunnel?

In V6 it is not possible to ping through a tunnel starting on the ASG because the sender address is the primary IP of the external interface.

What does the packet filter live log say? Maybe you should switch of every ICMP option and then start creating a unique packet filter rule turning log to on. Then you sould see at least the packets from your client!

HTH
  • Thanks Holger I will try that. Im a bit confused why I cant access any other machine on the ASG end. All I can see is that the tunnel is there and working, after that nothing works on the vpn front.