This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VPN with 128 bit Encryption and NT4 ?

Hello

I use the astaro Firewall for a long time and it works under all our conditions very well.
But there are still some problems left. 
In the earlier time i used nt4 Clients (germany) and the 40 Bit vpn encryption. All works fine.
Now i changed the VPN-encryption to 128 Bit and i work with windows 2000 Sp3. Also no problem.
Now we must use some old nt4 PC's for a vpn connection. I looked into the internet and found, that there exist a "high encryption pack" for nt4.
But it does not exist for the german version of nt4. I tried a lot of things (copied english files from the english encryption pack, changed the registry, and so on ) but without success !
Microsoft could not helps me.
Exist another possibility to solve that problem ?
I want to use VPN and not ISEC with a third party software like sentinel.
I think the best way to solve that problem would be to change the encryption on the firewall in dependence of the client. But i think that is impossible. 
If anyone has a solution please give me an information.

Many thanks
Axel

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Axel,

as far as I know, the "high encryption pack" was
    added to SP6 of NT. 

read you
    o|iver
  • Oliver

As far as i know there is no functionality of the high encryption pack included in the german SP6a.
    Many people wrote that it is very easy to get these functionality. They send me only the information of the INTERNET EXPLORER high encryption pack.
    But that are not the files i need. 
    I need the files and registry entries which are necessary for PPTP.
    Is there any another solution ??

thanks 
    Axel