This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED15W, reboot loop

We have a RED15W at a remote office connected via the WAN port to a router. The RED15W used to work fine. We have switched to a different internet provider and now we are having errors on the RED15W device.  We tested the internet connection on the LAN port of the router with a laptop attached with a UTP cable on the same port and it is working fine.

The RED15W leds are fine untill the "internet". It keeps flashing. At one point "system" starts blinking red together with the "internet" led. Following the user guide error codes this would indicate that our UTM is not reachable.

After this the RED15W reboots.

I have read somewhere that the RED15W uses TCP 3400 and UDP 3410. It seems after testing that UDP 3410 is not reachable, can it be that the new ISP is blocking this port?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Robin,

you are right that RED15(w) requires TCP/3400 and UDP/3410 (KBA 122755).

If your test client has 'netcat' available (e.g. if it is a Linux/Unix-like system) you could use that to test specifically for UDP port 3410:

> nc -v -4 -u -z -w 3 -p 3410 <utm_ip> 3410

Connection to <utm_ip> 3410 port [udp/*] succeeded!

If there is no output, then probably the port is not reachable, for example because it is blocked by your ISP.

• Hi Joney,

thanks for thinking along. UDP 3410 seems reachable from a linux client connected to the exact same UTP port as the RED15W:

In the logs of the UTM (XG125) i can see that the RED15W is trying to make a connection, but is transferring 0 bytes:

But in the control panel overview the RED15W is marked as offline:

• Hi, Robin, and welcome to the UTM Community!

Since you have an XG, you might get better answers in that forum.  There are very few here that can interpret the logs from XG.  If you had a UTM, I would suggest #1 in Rulz to start.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, Robin, and welcome to the UTM Community!

Since you have an XG, you might get better answers in that forum.  There are very few here that can interpret the logs from XG.  If you had a UTM, I would suggest #1 in Rulz to start.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data