This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED 10 Rev. 3 Boot loop with LED Sequence *video*

I have a RED 10 at a remote location that has the following LED sequence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=segvsK0_1_Q 

It seems to do this for a few minutes and then reboot.  I can ping it remotely while it is doing this sequence, but then drops which I'm assuming it is resetting itself.  The troubleshooting guide doesn't mention this sequence: https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/116573.aspx The closest it gets in the firmware update, but that is only on Rev. 1 devices, and this is a Rev 3. 

I am not at the location, so I haven't tried using the firmware recovery tool, but I may have to drive over there.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Unfortunately, that's not an option for me because my unit's production date is 11/2013 and there's no extended warranty.
    In the meantime I've done some efforts in editing the JFFS2 part and the RED now boots up again. But it seems that it still lacks some kind of device specific certificate to become provisioned.
    I guess Sophos won't supply me with a copy of this? ;-)
  • Hi,

It seems, I ran into the same issue after UTM up2date to 9.510-5 incl. firmware updates to connected REDs and APs. While I did this several times, there have never been some serious problems, but now the RED 10 rev.3 never went back online. I am experiencing the same boot loop as described above. Also have no warranty / support. AP/RED recovery tools seems not to work with Windows 10. Error message: "Could not change network interface settings - Flash aborted". Recovery tool runs in administrator's context, firewall disabled, used NIC  is DHCP, IPv4 and IPv6 on.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

• Hi,

It seems, I ran into the same issue after UTM up2date to 9.510-5 incl. firmware updates to connected REDs and APs. While I did this several times, there have never been some serious problems, but now the RED 10 rev.3 never went back online. I am experiencing the same boot loop as described above. Also have no warranty / support. AP/RED recovery tools seems not to work with Windows 10. Error message: "Could not change network interface settings - Flash aborted". Recovery tool runs in administrator's context, firewall disabled, used NIC  is DHCP, IPv4 and IPv6 on.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Children
No Data