This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems provisioning new RED devices?

someone run into problems installing new devices these days from germany?
Seems my devices (RED15 & RED50) are unable to reach the provisioning server.
I get the message "try prov server" for only half a second. Support say "I checked with the RED ID A3400xxxxxxxxxx and found that this device never contact the provisioning server"
I try it from different networks with different ISP's.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Dirk,

One of my clients recently had a similar difficulty with an RMA RED 15.  The replacement couldn't reach the provisioning server.  When I asked someone onsite to try connecting directly with a laptop, Windows complained that it didn't get an IP.  I had him call their local ISP to have them enable DHCP on their recently-upgraded connection.  Bingo!  The RED started right up.

The RED needs to use DHCP to get an IP before it can reach the provisioning servers to get its configuration.  Once it has that, it doesn't normally need DHCP.  That's why the original device had no problems immediately after the service was upgraded.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Dirk,

One of my clients recently had a similar difficulty with an RMA RED 15.  The replacement couldn't reach the provisioning server.  When I asked someone onsite to try connecting directly with a laptop, Windows complained that it didn't get an IP.  I had him call their local ISP to have them enable DHCP on their recently-upgraded connection.  Bingo!  The RED started right up.

The RED needs to use DHCP to get an IP before it can reach the provisioning servers to get its configuration.  Once it has that, it doesn't normally need DHCP.  That's why the original device had no problems immediately after the service was upgraded.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data