This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connecting NAS to internet

Okay,

I am busy for 2 days now connecting my Synology NAS to the internet, but its not working.

My current network:

Router (with DHCP) IP: 192.168.2.254

Sophos UTM 220 (no DHCP) wan IP: from dhcp router 192.168.2.20 Internal 192.168.0.1

Laptop 192.168.0.2

synology NAS 192.168.0.3

I added port 5000 forwarding to the router (forwarding it to 192.168.2.20 (sophos))

I added in the sophos a DNAT rule:

For traffic from (external WAN)

Using service: DSM NAS (1:5000 > 5000)

Going to (internal (network))

Change the destination to NAS (192.168.0.3

and the service to DSM NAS (1:5000 > 5000)

Automatice firewall rule is ON

I still cannot connect to port 5000 from outside

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • For traffic from: ANY  <<< change to this for traffic from anywhere eg any traffic from internet
    Using Service: DSM NAS
    Going To: WAN

Change destination to: NAS
    And the service to: DSM NAS  (this can also be left blank as it will use the above port)

The only other thing I would say is you might be using double natting here as your wan address is a private ip which suggests there is another router in front of it which isn't running in bridge mode. If so, that router will have to DNAT to your UTM wan in order to allow internet traffic into your DSM

• For traffic from: ANY  <<< change to this for traffic from anywhere eg any traffic from internet
    Using Service: DSM NAS
    Going To: WAN

Change destination to: NAS
    And the service to: DSM NAS  (this can also be left blank as it will use the above port)

The only other thing I would say is you might be using double natting here as your wan address is a private ip which suggests there is another router in front of it which isn't running in bridge mode. If so, that router will have to DNAT to your UTM wan in order to allow internet traffic into your DSM

Children