This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WAF - Lost connection for 3 minutes after change editing Virtual WebServers domains

Hi,

I have a virtual appliance UTM 9.

I have configured Web Application Firewall, with some Virtual WebServers.

Every Virtual WebServer has more o less 100 domains configured.

CPU and RAM resources are ok.

Everytime I edit the domains of a WebServer,

after save, the firewall is unresponsive (so every web site under WAF stop responding) for about 2-3 minutes.

I am doing something wrong or it's by design?

Because it's a big problem because I can't touch firewall during day because it means put offline hundreds of websites...

Any idea?

Thanks

Claudio Basso

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • That's a great problem to have, Claudio!

My guess is that Support will tell you to split your domains into more Virtual Servers or to get a much faster machine to run UTM.  What did Sophos Support say?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Ok, but I can't split domains into multiple virtual servers, I think I can't create multiple virtual servers for same real web server.

I haven't talk to support yet,

because I didn't understand how to do this,

I have a standard support with that license, and from sophos website it seems I have to ask support to my distributor,

if I understand correctly.

• "Ok, but I can't split domains into multiple virtual servers, I think I can't create multiple virtual servers for same real web server."

You absolutely can, Claudio.  In fact, you can use an HTTP Virtual Server with an HTTP Real Server and also use an HTTPS Virtual Server with the same HTTP Real Server, thus offloading the SSL encryption/decryption from your web server to the UTM.  There's no reason you can't split your domains into dozens of Virtual Servers.

Yes, in Europe, your first contact must be through the reseller from whom you purchased your UTM.  I think you should try my suggestion first.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • "Ok, but I can't split domains into multiple virtual servers, I think I can't create multiple virtual servers for same real web server."

You absolutely can, Claudio.  In fact, you can use an HTTP Virtual Server with an HTTP Real Server and also use an HTTPS Virtual Server with the same HTTP Real Server, thus offloading the SSL encryption/decryption from your web server to the UTM.  There's no reason you can't split your domains into dozens of Virtual Servers.

Yes, in Europe, your first contact must be through the reseller from whom you purchased your UTM.  I think you should try my suggestion first.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data