This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connection Reset By Peer over 1 Internet Link

Run a SG310 appliance, have two internet connection doing a load balance.

When we go to one particular site, and you are routed through one of the internet connections, it gives a "connection reset by peer" error.

This is seemingly an issue on that end, although I don't know why it would reject our one IP  we are NAT over.

Right now I'm using a multipath rule as a workaround to force traffic over the other internet connection to make it work.

Any ideas how to go about troubleshooting this an gathering info on how the firewall is getting a message received about the reset message?

Seems like some command line tools or something is needed, regular logs avaiable via the admin interface shows the allow in the URL filtering letting it pass, but this seems like a network connection issue from firewall to their server.  Can't find any other info in the logs I see.

Just trying to isolate this on my end with info before I make any attempt to contact their side technical people and query them.  Need ammunition before that happens that the firewall isn't the problem.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, and welcome to the User BB!

Are you using Web Protection?  If so, look in the Web Filtering log file and show us the line related to the peer reset.

Cheers - Bob

Sorry for any short responses.  Posted from my iPhone.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA