This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Honeywell NetAXS123 and opening ports

Trying to configure Sophos UTM/ASG320 so that building security company can get to and access their device which I've assigned a static ip to.
They requested that a port forward be opened on port 20029.
I've spoken with Luis Fonseca at Sophos support on this and done a tcpdump, and gotten a pcap file to look at in wireshark and it appears that there's traffic.  But the security company tech support don't appear to have full knowledge of the Honeywell device, and while I can log into a web interface on it, telneting to check the connection doesn't appear to be available.
Have a DNAT rule and an SNAT rule and Luis confirms that it all appears correct.
How would I configure the UTM to respond to port scans of that port to show as 'open' rather than 'closed' or 'stealth' - the building security company responds to nearly all calls to them with a web based portscan - Subnetonline, MxToolbox or other and say that the port is closed so there's nothing for them to address.  Mind you when I attempt a GRC shieldsup test it also shows as closed, so I've got to think there's something I can do to change that status and still be securely configured.

At this point I’m just guessing that some other rule or configuration is conflicting 

Let me know if you've any  further ways to troubleshoot this.  Or if I need to put this in a different group.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • to forward a port you need a DNAT rule, and the appropiate firewall rules

can you also check the IPS log, firewall log, application control log? maybe something in there gives a clue about the issue?
  • Hi, Seth, and welcome to the User BB!

I agree with Frank that this sounds like Anti-Portscan which is logged in the Intrusion Prevention log.  Check #1 in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA