This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting my head around some routing.

I need some help to work out how to do some routing on my UTM9 

I have 2 networks plugged into my UTM9 one in ETH0 and the other in ETH4, I have a server on ETH0 that runs a piece of software that needs to talk to a phone system on ETH4 via port 33333 and 33334. Both networks use the 192.168.0.0/24 network and I am not sure how to route the traffic. 

Currently on the LAN (ETH0) I can browse to the phone system on its external IP (ETH1 is for WAN traffic) and it works fine, but I am not entirely sure how to make the LAN server software see the phone system. 

Its a Panasonic NS700 phone system and the software is Go Connect. Every PC has a client installed which links back to the server and its the server software that connects to the phone system, just not sure what rules I need to put into the UTM to make it work.

Help?? 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

It's not possible to route traffic between the device when Client and Server are both in the same subnet. The device itself won't send traffic to UTM and even when it does, UTM will have a route conflict for the same network available on two different interfaces.

My suggestion would be to change the network as it is not possible otherwise. Unless you keep both of them in the same switch.

Regards

Jaydeep

• "I have 2 networks plugged into my UTM9 one in ETH0 and the other in ETH4 ... Both networks use the 192.168.0.0/24 network ..."

That can't wok, Derrick, unless the two NICs are bridged.  The same subnet defined on two different Interfaces will cause routing problems.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA