Firewall Blocking Port 445 and 853

All-

 

I added a android video device for kodi TV to the network which is being blocked from accessing ports 853 and 445. CIFS is not blocke in application control. This is a home UTM version 9.601-5. For troubleshooting I disabled application control and the web proxy. The firewall has two active rules, The first one is internal network>websurfing>Internet IPV4>drop. I use this rule to prevent bypassing the web proxy. With the web proxy off I disable this rule when testing allowing web surfing. The second rule is internal network>any> Internet IPV4>allow. While I have three dnat rules, they are not likely to be the cause of my issue. The first is to black hole AOL ads and preventing the network switch/printer from going out to the internet. The second is blocking multicast from verizon. The third routes all DNS to the internal DNS forwarder. I am clearly missing something as the android box is blocked preventing Hulu from connecting in addition to some kodi TV issues. Below are some lines from the firewall log. Thank you in advance for any help provided. Jim

 

2019:05:23-17:36:36 oasis ulogd[4728]: id="2001" severity="info" sys="SecureNet" sub="packetfilter" name="Packet dropped" action="drop" fwrule="60001" initf="eth1" srcmac="ee:6c:7f:11:0d:18" dstmac="90:e2:ba:03:28:4d" srcip="192.168.1.53" dstip="192.168.1.1" proto="6" length="60" tos="0x00" prec="0x00" ttl="64" srcport="37186" dstport="853" tcpflags="SYN" 
2019:05:23-17:51:26 oasis ulogd[4728]: id="2001" severity="info" sys="SecureNet" sub="packetfilter" name="Packet dropped" action="drop" fwrule="60001" initf="eth1" srcmac="ee:6c:7f:11:0d:18" dstmac="90:e2:ba:03:28:4d" srcip="192.168.1.53" dstip="192.168.1.1" proto="6" length="60" tos="0x00" prec="0x00" ttl="64" srcport="60998" dstport="445" tcpflags="SYN" 

 

  • HAve you tried adding some DNAT rules for thes ports?

  • In reply to Peter-Paul Gras:

    Hello,

     

    Yes I did try adding dnat rules which did not bring success....

     

    Thanks,

    Jim

  • In reply to scottj_01:

    Looks like I have it solved. Turns out other odd things started to happen, and after restoring the most recent back up the UTM was not functional any longer. By all appearances the back up I restored was corrupted. I have no idea how that could have happened outside of there being something wrong at the time of back up. The one I am currently using is 24 hours prior, being I keep a spread sheet of all changes order now restored. Also the android box is now working after reloading the software/restoring an eariler back up and creating the dnat rules again for the android ports all is good. Jim