This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HowTo AntiVirus / Anti Spam with Sophos UTM (Gmail / GMX)

Hello,

I have a couple of email accounts GMX and Gmail. I would like to know how I can configure the UTM to use the AntiSpam and ANtiVirus Filter. I use Outlook and Safari Mail as Mail Clients.

Thanks a Lot!

Best regards

Sally

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Sally,

what you need to know is POP proxy supports AntiVirus. Try a little search on that forum, here is a lot of information you can rely on.

Best regards

Alex

-

• Hi Alexander,

thanks for the information. Problem is, that my email accounts are connected via IMAP, so POP Proxy is not really an option, best would be that the UTM would have an IMAP Proxy. I saw in the Forum that this was requested since a long time, but interesting is, that the XG Firewall have it included and the UTM not ...

Is there any other workaround?  

best regards

Sally

• Hi Sally,

sorry I don’t know any workaround for IMAP. In most professional cases you have the situation of a SMTP gateway in front of an exchange server for example, which works good.

In your case you have to rely on the endpoint anti virus protection.

XG is newer as UTM so if you like give it a try.

Best regards

Alex

-

• Hi Alexander,

thanks for your reply. To install an Exchange and Mail Gateway in my home enviroment for 3 Mail Accounts is a bit too much :) 

Hope the Sophos Developer consider the IMAP Proxy Feature for the UTM in future 

Best regards

Sally