This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No Port forwarding or access through VPN to host on Internal Network.

Hi, 

Two months ago I replaced replaced the UTM, having Sophos UTM 9 now. 

All the port forwarding rules to some devices are working properly. 

Nevertheless the same rules applied to a CCTV - Surveillance System are not working. 

I have DNAT rules for ports 85, 8000 and RSTP. 

Even more strange, when i establish a VPN connection the problem remains. I can´t even ping the device!,  

Nevertheless, if I'm on a system on the local network, I can ping, and access the services on the ports. 

The CCTV system hasn't any constrains.  So I'm assuming that something on the UTM is blocking the access to the device. 

What can it be, and how can I troubleshoot it? 

Any help will be highly appreciated since it's not beeing possible to access the cameras. 

Best regards,  

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Olá Marco,

Start with doing #1 in Rulz.  If you're using a browser to view the CCTV feed, also check the Web Filtering log.

Note that pinging is regulated on the 'ICMP' tab of 'Firewall'.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Balfson.

Thank you for your reply.

This situation was not a problem  with the firewall. The device had a wrong gateway configured. So, when the correct gateway was set, the por forwarding started working properly, and I was able to access the device and ping it through the VPN.

It was also possible to ping it it when the source was the firewall or a device inside the network.