This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bridge mode to avoid double NAT

Hi,

I'm using Sophos UTM as a hyper-v virtual machine (windows 10 as hypervisor), 2 physical NIC => 2 virtual switches (LAN and WAN)
I have a virtual NIC on LAN and another on WAN.
The modem provided by my ISP does not allow bridge mode => I'm doing double NAT. In order to avoid double NAT, I'm considering to configure Sophos UTM as a bridge:
- Question 1: Would this disable some functions?
- Question 2: I've tried to make a bridge on the UTM, by A-disabling WAN interface (not the LAN Interface as I need it to administrate the UTM), B-disabling DHCP server and C-creating 2 new interfaces, (one virtual card on virtual LAN switch, anoter on virtual WAN switch), creating a bridge ethernet and setting it as "IPv4 default GW". I didn't get it to work anyway, I can't ping anything outside my LAN in this configuration.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Salut, and welcome to the User BB!

1. You can't do QoS.
    2. Je craigne que j'ai pas suivi.  You should have been able to delete the External interface (I assume that was eth1), add eth1 in a bridge to Internal on eth0 and add the IP of the ISP's modem as the default gateway.  After that, depending on your topology, you might need a firewall rule like Internal (Network) -> Any -> Internal (Network) : Allow' and to change the mode of Web Filtering to 'Full Transparent'.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA