This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot regenerate Webadmin CA

Hi All, 

I have installed 9.201-23 today on one customer site. I am not able to fix Webadmin Certificate issue. As you can see from screenshot, the CA is valid from 04/12/2014, because BIOS data was wrong. Now, I regenerated the certificate throught webadmin console > Webadmin Setting and also I tried with Web Server Protection. I do not want to erase all the configuration today(many packet filtering rules).

Is there a way to regenerate Webadmin CA Certificate?

Thank you all!

Luciano

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • For WebAdmin:

To regenerate the CA proceed as follows:
    1.Login to the shell of the UTM first as loginuser and then get root: su -
    2.Now type in the following command to open the ConfdClient: cc
    3.Within the ConfdClient type use the command: RAW
    4.Now regenerate the CA with:

ca_generate_signing_ca({name=>'webadmin ca', key_size=>2048, country=>'CountryAcronym', state=>'StateName', city=>'CityName', organization=>'OrganizationName', common_name=>'UTMhostname', email=>'mailaddress@maildomain.com'})

Note: Adapt the country, state, city, organization, common_name and email strings to your own UTM settings (country field must be in caps - eg. CA, DE)

The result should be result: 'REF_CaSigWebadminCa2'

5.Next step is to switch to Main Mode: MAIN
    6.Navigate to: webadmin
    7.Now type in: ca$
    8.The last step is to assign the new CA to the WebAdmin with: =REF_CaSigWebadminCa2
    Note: The result should be 1.

Next step is to re-generate the certificate for WebAdmin with the new CA, proceed as follows:
    1.Navigate to 'Management | WebAdmin Settings | HTTPS Certificate'.
    2.In the area Re-generate WebAdmin certificate click 'Apply'.

The WebAdmin certificate will be regenerated. Your UTM will reload automatically and you will have to re-login.
  • Perfect and thank you very much GMF. The info that I was looking for.

Luciano
  • hmm. I thought its a self signed cert... You need to import the new CA cert in your web browser. My cert chain ends at the UTM. 

Is the main admin cert supposed to be signed by a real CA?