This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Radius and LDAP Authentication and User Portal

Hi,

I'd like to authenticate my vpn users to my utm320 through our Open Directory server, I would also like them to have access to the User Portal.  I have Radius service connected to authenticate the VPN access (L2TP over IPSEC).  It works fine.  I have my Authentication Services set up to create local users automatically and that also works fine.

I could not get the email management tabs (whitelist, quarantine, etc) to appear in the User Portal, I think because Radius does not bring over the user's email address.  So, I set up a connection via LDAP and made it the 1st server in the list. Once I did that, I could log in to the User Portal and see the mail management tabs.  But I could no longer see the Remote Access tab with the VPN info. If I make Radius #1, then Remote Access is available but Mail Management is not.

The VPN works whichever server is 1st (radius or ldap) so that's fine.  But I'm wondering if there's a way to have radius send the utm the email info so the mail manager stuff will work, or to otherwise somehow have the user portal for an externally authenticated user display both the email tabs, and the Remote Access info for the user.

Thanks!

Jeff

This thread was automatically locked due to age.