This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Radius Load Balancing with UTM9 for Enterprise Authentication (Wireless)

Hey Forum,

I'm fighting with the configuration of our UTM9 when it comes to Radius Load Balancing.
The goal is not to design a fail-over (with availability groups) (which is easy by the way) :P
We'd like to load balance the radius traffic with the UTM Server Load Balancing System.

So my idea was this:

But unfortunally I get an

when I try to test the Authentication Service.
When I select one of the radius servers directly (without load balancing) everything works fine.

Can you help me to set up the load balancing part?
Via terminal i get an:

$ nc -u -v ip-of-the-virtual-server 1812
Connection to ip-of-the-virtual-server 1812 port [udp/radius] succeeded!

Has it something to do with the shared secret?

Thank you!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Flo,

I don't think you can point 'Enterprise Authentication' at the UTM's Load Balancer.  Still, you might try #1 in Rulz (last updated 2019-04-17) - if you see something there relevant to this issue, please post back here.

I think the best you can do is with the Availability Group as you mentioned.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Flo,

I don't think you can point 'Enterprise Authentication' at the UTM's Load Balancer.  Still, you might try #1 in Rulz (last updated 2019-04-17) - if you see something there relevant to this issue, please post back here.

I think the best you can do is with the Availability Group as you mentioned.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data