This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VLAN Capable Access point - associating VLANs with other physical ports.

Trying to get a new AP installed after the last one blew up...

Using UTM 9 (just upgraded to the latest available (9.605-1))

Using a Zyxel VLAN capable access point - configured with three SSIDs, all on tagged VLANs (Internal, Guest, IoT)

At home I have the Same AP, and the same Sophos hardware, but I have a VLAN capable switch - so the UTM hardware isn't doing any of the smarts.

Here I need to use the UTM to connect the wired and wireless portions of two of the networks (the Guest network has no wired element).

I can't actually see a sane way to do this at all, and it really doesn't seem like it ought to be difficult.

Eth0 - Internet connection

Eth1 - Wired "Internal" Connection

Eth2 - Direct to AP, with tagged Internal/Guest/IoT connections

Eth3 - Wired "IoT" Connection

It is starting to look as though I need to add a Wired Internal, and a Wireless Internal, network, and give them independent router IP addresses, and DNS/DHCP servers and goodness knows what else - All I want to do is add the tagged VLAN into the existing "interface". 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • And that doesn't allow me to have a single L2 network across the tagged internal vlan and the physical internal port.

This is ridiculously frustrating.

I now have eth0 and eth1 bridged - with either accepting tagged IoT/Guest/Internal traffic.

Although I have tried to drop the tag from the internal WAP traffic (set to VLAN 1 in the WAP) it is still hitting the 'Wireless internal' interface (which is tagged). At least it's hitting that DHCP server (getting the tagged gateway, and that IP range).

So I get internet access from the wireless (I suspect because the WAP is auto tagging the return traffic)

OK - Don't know what's changed - but this has now worked... Might have been a delay on the config on the WAP?!

• And that doesn't allow me to have a single L2 network across the tagged internal vlan and the physical internal port.

This is ridiculously frustrating.

I now have eth0 and eth1 bridged - with either accepting tagged IoT/Guest/Internal traffic.

Although I have tried to drop the tag from the internal WAP traffic (set to VLAN 1 in the WAP) it is still hitting the 'Wireless internal' interface (which is tagged). At least it's hitting that DHCP server (getting the tagged gateway, and that IP range).

So I get internet access from the wireless (I suspect because the WAP is auto tagging the return traffic)

OK - Don't know what's changed - but this has now worked... Might have been a delay on the config on the WAP?!

Children
No Data