This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

how to lookup IP to see if blacklisted?

Hi,

Our server is being blocked by Telstra/Bigpond.com.au and they told us they use Sophos SXL FUR.

My question is two fold:

1. how do i perform a lookup to see if we are blocked and 

2. how can request delisting?

Thank you very much.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello,

There are several sites which you can use to check on your organization's integrity.  

ie. https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/

Some companies(whom your network has been banned)  will also take your business registration, letterhead, other forms of proof of who you are. 

Many moons ago I worked for a company which sent out thousands of emails (was email admin then) to many members.  

Long story short, we were blacklisted by various internet providers/DNS registrars. I had to call them/email/fill out online forms for about a few days. 

Among the online forms are questions about what you have done to remedy the blacklisted state. 

• Other than a lack of a dmarc record, everything else is fine.  We are not listed on ANY known RBL.

The ISP said they use SOPHOS as their antispam vendor, which is why I'm here.

I just want to know how I can perform alook up and request delisting on SOPHOS.

• Hi, Tim, and welcome to the UTM Community!

As a mod, I can see the IP from which you've posted.  That IP is on the Spamhaus ZEN blacklist.

You can check your presence on blacklists at Email Blacklist Check.  You can check the reputation of your sending IP at IP Reputation Check.

You should ask the ISP for the log related to the rejection.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA