This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

TLS error on connection / TLS client disconnected cleanly (rejected our certificate?)

Current Firmware version: 9.309-3

In this thread there was my current issue on a previous version.
https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/52/t/29725

The specific error I'm getting.
2015:04:13-10:56:48 utm exim-in[13974]: 2015-04-13 10:56:48 TLS error on connection from mail-qk0-f171.google.com [209.85.220.171]:33883 (SSL_accept): timed out
2015:04:13-10:56:48 utm exim-in[13974]: 2015-04-13 10:56:48 TLS client disconnected cleanly (rejected our certificate?)

This is appears to only occur with google servers, mail does not get delivered.

Should the issue in the above thread be fixed for my current version (9.309-3)?

I tried to upload my CA certs and checktls.com says my certs are good.
Do I still need to do the workaround? I'm reading in certain posts that the latest update should not require that and in other posts that it does require the workaround.

Any incite would be appreciated to clear up this confusion.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • After not getting help on this forum I contacted Sophos Support and got the suggestion to add External 0 Network Definition under the "Skip TLS negotiation hosts/nets" setting.
    This setting is under Email Protection > SMTP > Advanced

To me this means skip TLS entirely for all connecting mail servers, essentially disabling TLS. But this cleared the problem up and all connections are using TLS in the log as they should. 

Weird one unless my understanding is completely off. Hope this helps someone if they experience the same issue.