This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems with e-mail module

Hello guys,

Is anyone else having problems with the email module?

The UTM was rejecting all incoming / outgoing e-mail and accused the following error: "malware acl condition: cssd: connection to 127.0.0.1, port 1234 failed (Connection refused)"

We disabled several features in malware scanning but persisted. We decided to format the equipment for the previous version (9.509-3) and we started having problems with greylist, all incoming emails were included in greylist. We noticed that this started to occur after the device updated its patterns

Patterns: 153007

Has anyone else had this problem?

Kindly regards,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Olá Bruno,

Sometimes, an Up2Date will "break" some part of the configuration databases.  The best solution is to then restore from the backup made just before the last series of Up2Dates was applied.  Did you keep any of those before reformatting?

If that doesn't help, I would just disable greylisting.  I don't use greylisting anywhere.  I think it just slows down the receipt of valid emails without reducing the workload on the UTM and without saving bandwidth.  I think that almost all of the emails blocked by greylisting would have been rejected by RBLs, rDNS or recipient checking - an exchange of less than 100 bytes.

Let us know what works for you.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Olá Bruno,

Sometimes, an Up2Date will "break" some part of the configuration databases.  The best solution is to then restore from the backup made just before the last series of Up2Dates was applied.  Did you keep any of those before reformatting?

If that doesn't help, I would just disable greylisting.  I don't use greylisting anywhere.  I think it just slows down the receipt of valid emails without reducing the workload on the UTM and without saving bandwidth.  I think that almost all of the emails blocked by greylisting would have been rejected by RBLs, rDNS or recipient checking - an exchange of less than 100 bytes.

Let us know what works for you.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data