This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Message delivery incomplete. Please contact your IT

So, we're getting this for years now from time to time. Sometimes for mail address we have mailed a dozen times forth and back so far.

https://imgur.com/a/mmNmBZq

The only solution to this is adding mentioned mail address in an Exception (Email Protection -> Exceptions -> skip Antispam sections). Today this happened to myself and I'm sick of it.

The expectionlist is growing larger and larger.

Will we see a more propriate message (this century) or even no message, so the mails gets ACTUALLY delivered?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • without seeing the corresponding mail log (smtp log) not much can be said. 

We don't have such problem even with alot of individual (new) email contacts.

---

Sophos UTM 9.3 Certified Engineer

• > without seeing the corresponding mail log (smtp log) not much can be said.

Exactly. Thanks for confirming this error message is nonsense. 

edit: I'm not asking for assistance in this particular case what happened.

• than i dont understand your post. i assumed you were looking for a solution. My statement was that without the maillog for this mail i can't speculate what happened.

---

• It's in the opening posting:

>Will we see a more propriate message (this century) or even no message, so the mails gets ACTUALLY delivered?

I'm asking for properly error messages, instead of generic ones.

• you can look here:

Logging & Reporting -> View Log Files -> SMTP Proxy

and here:

E-Mail Protection -> Mail Manager -> Open Mail Manager in New Window -> SMTP Log

---

• This won't change anything for the next messages of this type.

>than i dont understand your post

That's likely the case. There is no assistance needed from you to specifically solve one (1) issue. This is an informative topic about worthless errors generated by the UTM. If you search this forums people are struggling with this generic mails for 6 years (first time reported in 2012), and there's nothing else you can do than digging up logs for every single time this happens.

Sorry but that can't be it.

• than explain better.

This is a user help forum, not an official sophos support forum, i am trying to see where the problem lies, with only your screenshot i cannot speculate much. 

---

• There's no need to explain better if it's you not understanding correctly. The problem is first explained in the opening post. The focus never was about what happened in exactly in this mail. I can't help you understand better, nor is speculating needed. Can't and won't explain a third time now, sorry.

There's nothing more to add here, if you're not a developer that can influence how things flow within Sophos.

Ok will contact support (again!).

Thanks.

• so open a support case with sophos

---

• You have no need to explain anything about, but you can help other users know about it.
    Convince us if it has to do with UTM otherwise stop posting truncated and non-sense posts

Question Mark at the and of the post tells us you have a question. Question mark it is Universal in all Languages