This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ZOTAC ZBOX Nano CI547

Hi All,

I have just bought the new ZOTAC CI547 with the new i5 Kaby Lake processor, and i put in 32GB Ram and a 256GB SSD HDD in it, so i will be extra fit to run the Sophos UTM for the next years to come. I could prior to my purchase not find any detailed specs on the Ethernets hardware, and was hoping it was INTEL. But it unfortunately happened to be Realtek. :-(

And now that i am installing the Sophos appliance, it only detects 1 Ethernet port and not both. I have already updated the firmware to the latest.

Any of you have any suggestions to what i need to do before the system detects both NIC's?

Cheers

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

your ram is an overkill, 16gb is more than adequate and 8 is very good for many years to come.

NICs, the site specifications aren't very helpful, but I would suspect the missing one from your installation might be an unsupported Intel similar to I219v.

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Yes i know its overkill. I Just wanted to Max out the memory Banks. Then my only option is to use a hypervisor like Vmware esxi to run the sophos utm on this hardware until supported? What do you mean with you comment "Testing ..." Cheers
  • Is the 2nd NIC eventually for Remote Management and not a 'real NIC' that is shown to the OS?

I don't know the box but with a free slot you could use an additional NIC.

If all fails you could use one NIC with 2 VLANs, but that propably requires a switch that can handle VLANs connected to it.

Gruß / Regards,

Kevin
    Sophos CE/CA (XG+UTM), Gold Partner

• Is the 2nd NIC eventually for Remote Management and not a 'real NIC' that is shown to the OS?

I don't know the box but with a free slot you could use an additional NIC.

If all fails you could use one NIC with 2 VLANs, but that propably requires a switch that can handle VLANs connected to it.

Gruß / Regards,

Kevin
    Sophos CE/CA (XG+UTM), Gold Partner

Children
No Data