This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

install tar wasnt found

Hi. I am trying (Again) to get UTM up and running at home. I managed to get it installed last time on another rig but it failed to see one of my netowrk ports at the wizard and I never got any further with it.

This time on a dell optiplex I am getting 'install .tar wasn't found'. No matter what media I try, I have burnt 4 dvds, one slowly, two different kinds of DVDs etc and none will work, 75% formatting of harddrive and boom, install .tar not found.

I hate to be beat, but why does sophos provide a home addition if normal people are not supposed to use it?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I had this error too using a USB Stick. I've managed to get it running on two different Sticks with two different computers by doing the following on OSX

1. Installed unetbootin for OSX
    2. Packed the UTM Software ISO on the USB Stick using unetbootin
    3. (This one is important): manually copied over all rpm files using Finder from the Disc to the USB Stick because very long filenames are being cutted by unetbootin.
    4. Also copied the install.tar manually again
    5. Now booted from the Stick using "Classic" Mode(!)
    6. (Also Important!) Gone through installation up to the step AFTER the hardware is being recognized. After HW Recognition you have to Hit Alt+F2 to enter terminal
    7. In Terminal exec: mount /dev/sdb1 /install
    8. Return to Install with Alt+F1 and normally continue installation. This worked on 2 devices and 2 different sticks already!
  • Sophos UTM 120 rev. 5 this works for me

Reply Children
No Data