This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hyper-V - Integration Services

Good evening

I am running Sophos UTM home edition on Hyper-V. It's working well for me. However, Hyper-V reports the following for the LAN & WAN network adapters:

Degraded (Integration services upgrade required)

How can I overcome this?

Thanks

Tim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have checked it during an install and startup of the UTM, and it looks like the guest integration tools that the UTM is using are about two editions behind the tools for Hyper-V. While it doesn't out right affect the UTM or the Hypervisor, it does limit some configuration items. Though these can be compensated for by just pushing more hardware at it (RAM, CPU).
  • MikeRM275

Thanks for looking into that as well.
    My concern was in some of the more advance feature not working properly like VMQ which we need working properly with 10 GB nics , hyper-v converged networks, clustering all seems to be working dispite the degraded notification. Overall when you manually check functionality all seems to be working at least the things that were of greater importance
  • Did these ever get upgrade...? I am running UTM 9.405-5 and still see the nics as degraded, upgrade required..

Thanks...

• Hi

I run Sophos UTM v9.510-5 and this problem is not solved.

From my Hyper-V host

PS H:\Hyper-V> Get-VMIntegrationService -VMName sophos-fw1 | ft -Wrap

VMName     Name                    Enabled PrimaryStatusDescription SecondaryStatusDescription
    ------     ----                    ------- ------------------------ --------------------------
    sophos-fw1 Guest Service Interface False   OK
    sophos-fw1 Heartbeat               True    OK
    sophos-fw1 Key-Value Pair Exchange True    No Contact
    sophos-fw1 Shutdown                True    OK
    sophos-fw1 Time Synchronization    True    OK                       The protocol version of the component installed in the virtual machine does not match the version expected by the
                                                                         hosting system
    sophos-fw1 VSS                     True    No Contact

Hyper-V 2016 | E3-1220 | XG V18 - 5GB RAM, 3 vNIC WAN, LAN, PRIV

• Hi

I run Sophos UTM v9.510-5 and this problem is not solved.

From my Hyper-V host

PS H:\Hyper-V> Get-VMIntegrationService -VMName sophos-fw1 | ft -Wrap

VMName     Name                    Enabled PrimaryStatusDescription SecondaryStatusDescription
    ------     ----                    ------- ------------------------ --------------------------
    sophos-fw1 Guest Service Interface False   OK
    sophos-fw1 Heartbeat               True    OK
    sophos-fw1 Key-Value Pair Exchange True    No Contact
    sophos-fw1 Shutdown                True    OK
    sophos-fw1 Time Synchronization    True    OK                       The protocol version of the component installed in the virtual machine does not match the version expected by the
                                                                         hosting system
    sophos-fw1 VSS                     True    No Contact

Hyper-V 2016 | E3-1220 | XG V18 - 5GB RAM, 3 vNIC WAN, LAN, PRIV

Children
No Data