This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Install.tar wasn't found on the installation media

I've tried all thinkable and unknown ways to transfer the ISO image of asg-9.100-8.1 (and latest_asg_v9_software.iso / asg-9.005-16.1-ASI-V2, etc.) onto a USB stick (rufus, Intubating, YUMI etc.). But each time, after the installer has partitioned SSD, popping the "Install.tar wasn't found on the installation media...." [:S] [:S]

I try to run the installation on a Jetway JBC373F38-525-B, 2GB RAM and 120 GB SSD.

Is there a problem with sysinstall limbs or a mismatch drivers?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Apologies to port on such an old thread.

But for anyone in the future getting stuck on this similar issue like myself.

A method which worked for me, confirmed on SG 9.601-1 firmware through a USB installer was the following.

• Boot Appliance.
    • At the "Install <10>" countdown screen, hit Alt+F2.
    • At the grub prompt, type "mount /dev/sd1 /install" which will remount the installation media.
    • Hit Alt+F1 to get back to the installation screen.

Device then installed fine for me.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

• Apologies to port on such an old thread.

But for anyone in the future getting stuck on this similar issue like myself.

A method which worked for me, confirmed on SG 9.601-1 firmware through a USB installer was the following.

• Boot Appliance.
    • At the "Install <10>" countdown screen, hit Alt+F2.
    • At the grub prompt, type "mount /dev/sd1 /install" which will remount the installation media.
    • Hit Alt+F1 to get back to the installation screen.

Device then installed fine for me.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Children
No Data