This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

8GB RAM

Hi,

I've seen some Qotom boxes with the newer Intel NICs (not 219) and I've seen you can get either 4GB or 8GB RAM. If I bought the one with 8GB would Sophos XG home simply not work at all, or would it limit the box down to only use 6GB?

Or would I have to buy the 4GB one and add an additional 2 myself?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I would suggest to get the 8GB version. The Sophos XG home will still use only 6GB of the RAM but it will work.

Or to quote Sophos: Home Edition is limited to 4 cores and 6 GB of RAM. The computer can have more than this, but XG Firewall Home Edition will not be able to utilize it.

Only the home version of Sophos SG (UTM) would use all available RAM.

• Holger Gran said:
    I would suggest to get the 8GB version. The Sophos XG home will still use only 6GB of the RAM but it will work.

Or to quote Sophos: Home Edition is limited to 4 cores and 6 GB of RAM. The computer can have more than this, but XG Firewall Home Edition will not be able to utilize it.

Only the home version of Sophos SG (UTM) would use all available RAM.

Thanks. This makes a lot of sense especially as there is very little price difference between the two. Much more expensive to source a random 2GB stick in the UK

• for reference, this box has just the one so-dimm socket. You cannot add memory, only replace memory