This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Default Bios settings for SG 125

Hi all,

I have a SG-125 Hardware appliance doing its job fine until yesterday.

I had to reset the BIOS password for some reasons by pulling off the BIOS battery for a couple of seconds and reloaded the setup defaults.

After that when trying to reinstall the UTM hardware image, I get an error during installation saying "no appliance hardware has been detected". I know that it must have something in common with the BIOS settings, since I installed the appliance with an hardware image before without any problems and the only thing I had changed was resetting the BIOS to its defaults.

It would be very nice, If someone with a working SG-125 could post me his original BIOS settings :)

Best regards

Sim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Okay, I've just checked a couple of things, deleted the Hard drive but it still doesn't work. I get an error during hw-detect, saying "can't get dmi data".

I assume, that there must be an BIOS option which handles this and gives access to the DMI data...

Can anyone please point me to the right direction?

• Hallo and welcome to the UTM Community!

In no case should you tell Sophos or your reseller that you opened the 125, let alone that you reset the BIOS.  You will have voided your warranty unless you were specifically instructed to do that by Sophos Support.

In over 10 years of intense participation here, I can't recall seeing a situation like this.  Make sure you don't leave any evidence that you opened that box and get an RMA started with Sophos Support.

Good luck!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo and welcome to the UTM Community!

In no case should you tell Sophos or your reseller that you opened the 125, let alone that you reset the BIOS.  You will have voided your warranty unless you were specifically instructed to do that by Sophos Support.

In over 10 years of intense participation here, I can't recall seeing a situation like this.  Make sure you don't leave any evidence that you opened that box and get an RMA started with Sophos Support.

Good luck!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data