This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upgrading postgre to x64

We had a blip last week where our logs filled up and postgre became a bit corrupted on our SG330 HA cluster

So we broke off the HA and recovered from that. All's well apart from running on one UTM at the moment.

So, what better time to migrate from the 32bit postgre db than now seeing as the HA has been disolved.

We've upgraded the DB on the offline UTM with no issues and it's ready to be brought back into HA.

Now, we know that the active UTM has to be migrated to x64 so I'm wondering what will happen here?
Is there downtime as the UTM is migrated? Obviously the DB will down duing the migration but what effect does that have on the UTM running?

eg will the FW, web proxy etc continue to run during the migration or will we lose all functionality?

regards,

Louis

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I'd be interested to know answers to the above but for now, what we have done is:

1. Offline UTM upgraded to x64 postgre DB

2. Online UTM backed up

3. Backup above restored to offline UTM and checked against online UTM for consistency

4. Out of hours, we will disconnect the active UTM and bring the offline UTM online to keep downtime minimal

5. Flatten the offline UTM and upgrade to x64 postgre DB

6. Rebuild HA

• Well it went well and I do have to say there is a noticable difference in the speed of the reporting etc