This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Software UTM (Home) hardware spec

I have been using UTM for a while and it has performed well.  I used a 150M/15 conection with a 8/1 backup originally and saw throughput over 120M routinely.  On the same hardware I have changed to three ADSL connections 8/1, 5/1 and 3/1 and obviously the hardware copes fine.

I have the option of a 1000/1000 connection in a few months and wondered what spec of hardware I should use, choosing low energy components where possible.  Does anyone have any relevant experience to share ?

Thanks in advance. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I used the QOTOM hardware listed above (i5 version) for building my setup and quiet pleased with the results. I have a 1G fiber broadband at home with about 20 devices. I have an IPSEC from behind the firewall to a VPN provider which is on 24x7 - I tunnel the IPTV traffic through it. The average CPU utilisation is below 3% and the unit runs pretty cool. The setup was a breeze and no issues encountered with the hardware. 

• I used the QOTOM hardware listed above (i5 version) for building my setup and quiet pleased with the results. I have a 1G fiber broadband at home with about 20 devices. I have an IPSEC from behind the firewall to a VPN provider which is on 24x7 - I tunnel the IPTV traffic through it. The average CPU utilisation is below 3% and the unit runs pretty cool. The setup was a breeze and no issues encountered with the hardware. 

Children
No Data