This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

web server

i have the web server right now on my local network with all my office computers. i recently had an issue where my web server went down as well as everything else. i am trying to figure out a way to remove it from the network its on now and put it on its own without buying another utm.

using a sg210.

i have done this so far and it didnt work as intended.

made new dhcp interface. added my web server to it and set up the real and fake web servers with new ip.

lets use this as an example. 192.168.1.100 is the old ip and all my office computers and phones are on this same network.

new dhcp server for web server is 10.10.10.100. while still using the same utm. i use my home computer and it loads my web server with the domain.com however when i use an office computer i need to use 10.10.10.100 in order to load the website locally.

why is this? why can i not view my website internally with the domain if its not even on the same dhcp?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The web server should have a static address, not a DHCP-assigned IP.

Since the webserver is now connected to a different NIC, it is a separate LAN and needs a separate subnet.   You can make it one LAN by configuring a bridged interface, but that is probably not workable for you.  The bridge needs two unused interface and you need an interface for talking to UTM during the reconfiguration.  I am guessing that you do not have three unused.

• The web server should have a static address, not a DHCP-assigned IP.

Since the webserver is now connected to a different NIC, it is a separate LAN and needs a separate subnet.   You can make it one LAN by configuring a bridged interface, but that is probably not workable for you.  The bridge needs two unused interface and you need an interface for talking to UTM during the reconfiguration.  I am guessing that you do not have three unused.

Children
No Data