This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VPN connection issue Android 7 to UTM9 via L2TP/IPSec

Hi all

I had a working VPN connection on my Huaway Mate 8 with EMUI 4 (Android 6) via L2TP_IPsec. Now an update to EMUI 5  (Android 7) was advised by Huawei what I have accepted. Since then I can't any longer connect my Smartphone via the Built In VPN Client to the UTM9 (Firmware 9.310-11, Home).

The Error-Message presented in the Live-Protocoll is:
2017:06:09-18:57:25 xxxx pluto[4603]: ERROR: asynchronous network error report on eth1 for message to aa.bb.cc.ddd port 4500, complainant aa.bb.cc.ddd: Connection refused [errno 111, origin ICMP type 3 code 3 (not authenticated)]

I tried as well to cretae a new user-id and to connect with the UTM9, same result. Also I created a new X509 Certificate for the new user and kept the content as short as possible what as well did not help to connect.

Any ideas what else could help to get the connection back? E.g. is there a newer UTM9 release that I can directly download what probaly could help to solve the problem?

(For my Huawai I as well investigated for a newer Android Version but no result until now)

Every help is very appreciated! Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • It's probably the new Android software and time to switch to SSL VPN using the OpenVPN client for Android. [:)]

The only thing you might check is whether your configuration follows The Zeroeth Rule in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob

Thanks for your response. Will think about using the Open VPN client now [:)]

(Reason to stick to the standard VPN client is that I have other VPN connection seted up e.g. to Lancom routers and like to have all on the same page. But anyhow, Ill give the Open VPN client now a chance)

As well Ill work the rulz, maybe this gives some light ...

Cheers
    Ben

• Hi Bob

This is just to give a feedback after you helped me out with a tip [Y]

I gave OpenVPN for Android a chance - and look at that, it worked for me after about half an hour after I have invested hours to fix the things on the Android standard tools!

More than that am happy, that I can decide on that connection, which Apps are using it (in my case Jump for RDP, an App. that I can really recommend!), and which not.

I wish I would have a similar VPN App for my Lancom connections.

But yeah, good tip, thank you so much to motivate me using OpenVPN !

Cheers
    Ben