This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How will GDPR (General Data Privacy Rights) affect UTM.

Can anyone comment on how the European GDPR rules will affect UTM.   I think a post somewhere in this forum said that in Germany, it is illegal for one employee to read another employee's email.   That seemed to be related to the limitation that UTM only provides email content visibility to items in Quarantine.   Is this correct?

US law says that anything on your employer's network is your employer's property, not yours.   I would like the Mail Manager to give visibility to all mail, consistent with US law.   I don't see how one can tune email security without the ability to review allowed mail for false positives and blocked email for false rejections.

But not being fluent on European rules, I am wondering if there are likely to be additional restrictions or design changes coming as Sophos tries to comply with the new regulations.   I am also wondering if it will allow clients to choose which laws to follow, or whether the most restrictive rules will apply to everyone.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.