This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL VPN configuration file isn't updating to new IP address

I run the UTM9 at home and use the SSL VPN remote access tunnel on a regular basis. Last week I experienced a longer than expected power outage and my cable modem (Comcast) was assigned a new IP address.

The Sophos SSL VPN client on my laptop isn't reflecting the new IP address of the firewall and it doesn't look like there's a place in the client where you can dictate which VPN IP address you want to hit.

I've uninstalled the client completely, browsed to UTM via a public DNS entry I manage, and redownloaded/installed the client. No joy. The IP on the VPN client is still the old IP.

Weird. Any ideas?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • You have to configure the new IP within SSL-VPN-Settings at the UTM. I would suggest to using a dynamic-DNS provider.

But there is a config-file for OPEN-VPN at your Notebook containing the old IP. Here you can configure the new IP too.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• BINGO. That's what I was looking for. I've updated the Override hostname with my DNS record and it works.

Now I'm noticing that the client has 2 client VPNs it can connect to. The original IP address and the new DNS record. Even after uninstalling the client and reinstalling it, the 2 options remain available.

I took a quick skim through my registry thinking there might be some old traces there, but I'm not finding it when search for "Sophos".

• check C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\config

i think there the config-profiles are located.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Great stuff. Thanks for the leads.