This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ebay page redirect issues

I am having a problem when trying to access ebay.co.uk through my recently installed UTM 9 home server.  no matter what browser I try, when trying to access and item through ebay, after a coupe of seconds the page redirects to http://pics/forum=[sequence onf numbers/letters].  I only have IPS and basic firewall rules in place, and have even tried opening up any outbound traffic to see if this helped (it hasn't).  I am not using web filtering ot a proxy server.  (I will mention that the UTM is providing DHCP and DNS Services to the internal network, static IP on internal network and DHCP on the external  interface which is connected to Virgin Media 200MB services).   

this doesn't happen on mobile devices, when i'm connected to my corporate VPN  from my laptop or if i tether any of the 5 laptops/desktops i've tried this on to a 4G data connection instead - these always work fine.

Can anyone offer any suggestions please?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Ian, and welcome to the UTM Community!

If you truly have not enabled Web Filtering, this problem cannot be caused by the UTM, and must be an issue with your PC.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA