This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems resetting UTM root/loginuser passwords

Having followed the guide  to reset the loginuser and root passwords I can get to step 14 but no further as the passwords are not recognised.

I get the correct message that the passwords have been changed, but when I ctrl+alt+del and try to login I'm told 'Login Incorrect'

I've tried with both accounts, and also tried resetting the passwords about 5 or 6 times now (using simple and very complex ones) but get the same outcome.

Is there something obvious that I'm doing wrong?  All the steps up to this point appear to work correctly (I get the same output as shown on the guide) so I'm not sure where I could have gone wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • hmmm, i'm having a similar problem.  suddnely, my UTM stopped accepting my admin web login.  i tried resetting the password, which seemed successful, but when i tried logging in with the changed password, the UTM still would not accept my login.
  • I am having same issue.  I walk through the steps to reset loginuser and root reboot, if I am lucky I can login 1 time with new PW then get incorrect password.  I am running as a VM and have tried various passwords, each time it seems successful.  if you find an answer please share.