This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Howto: Export complete "Printable Configuration"

Hi all,

those of you, who need to export the complete "printable congfiguration" with all references, you will have propably recognized, that this isn´t possible out of the box. If you use the single-Page view "in Webadmin format" (its located on the bottom of the page) you can print all the configuration in one page, but there are still references, that you will not be able to access, when viewing the printed output as pdf e.g.. So i searched for a solution to get the whole configuration as displayed in webadmin, but you can browse it anywhere, even without a connection to the webadmin.

Here are the steps:

1.) In Webadmin open the printable configuration. Then it will be generated and is available on the system.
2.) Use WinSCP to connect to the FileSystem of your appliance (SSH needs to be enabled).
3.) Navigate to /var/chroot-httpd/var/webadmin
4.) Create a new folder xx on your computer, to store all the necessary files. Create a subdirectory yy
5.) Copy the folder "printable_configuration" into directory xx
6.) On your appliance move to the subfolder var (/var/chroot-httpd/var/webadmin/var). There you will find a directory with a cryptic name e.g.[:$]LIHKeSjlOjzQrjuMESn, doubleclick on it.
7.) Copy all the folders from that directory (downloads,objectcache,uploads,xml) to your local folder yy.
8.) On your computer navigate in the folder ....xx\yy\xml\
9.) Open webadmin.xml in a browser and enjoy your Offline Printable Configuration [:)]

Hope that helps [;)]

P.S.: Take care about this export, I would recommend to encrypt it. It contains Plaintext Passwords/Preshared Keys etc....

I hope Sophos will introduce a feature for exporting a totally "resolved" configuration. I think many users are missing the feature to see blank ip-adresses/Networks in the configuration. Especially for the firewall ruleset this would be a good feature, because sometimes its necessary to see not the name of the objects, but the basic IP / DNS_host Information.

Did somebody try fwbuilder/Iptables-save?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.