This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Export a configuration report for reference?

We've been having some stability issues on our UTM320 that our reseller and Sophos technicians haven't been able to track down. They have recommended that I restore to defaults and rebuild our configuration from scratch.

I've already restored our backed-up configuration to a ASG9 install in VMware, and will use that as a reference when setting up the new configuration. But I was wondering - is there an easier way? Is there a way to export a human-readable configuration report?

*UPDATE:* Sorry for not searching better - its under Support > Printable Configuration. I don't know how I missed that.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I would suggest doing the new build in the VM.  You then can restore to the 320 by rebooting it with a USB memory stick containing a config backup of the VM in the root directory.  If it's not better than the existing config, you can just restore.

When building the VM, be sure to start with the software ISO, not the virtual appliance if that's still available.

Finally, if there's no improvement in stability, copy off any needed reports and log files, the most recent config backup and some older ones and then re-image from the same ISO.  If neither your current configuration nor your new one is stable with the new install, then I would suspect a hardware problem - maybe not the 320, as you didn't describe the issue you're experiencing.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA