This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Udpxy package?

Hello,

Fighting with IPTV for a while, I finally got igmpproxy working on my 9.1 UTM (Thanks the german forum!)

No luck, I got my IPTV working, but this is broadcasting any requested Stream to the lan, which may kill my wifi...

I would like therefore to try using udpxy instead of igmpproxy, as this should be avoiding the broadcast issue. I have to admit being a linux unexperimented user, so would appreciate if someone could post a compiled version of udpxy (ideally 64 bits) so i can play with it...

Thanks in advance!

Félix

PS: If someone got a way to avoid broadcast on an igmpproxy config instead, I would be happy with it, too [:)]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

Check the logs first.

I don't get paid here, but they did give me a power-user home license.

Barry
  • Dear all

I have UDPXY working now. See below my settings if you come through google [1].

There is a last aspect I have to solve about the playlists. Maybe someone could give me a helping hand?

What works:

I can open streams by having http://<ip address of proxy interface>:<port>/udp/<destination stream address>:<port>.

Problem:

The IPTV provider has playlists to open channels. Those playlists cannot be edited on devices (apple tv) or apps.
    Every channel has <destination stream address>:<port>.

Question:

I would need to find a way to pass the requests on that particular port through udpxy.
    With Sophos UTM 9x, how can I have the UDP Proxy transparent? .. I was playing around with NAT but with no luck so far.

Kind regards

N3

[1] Settings/ Procedure

- Upload udpxy binary /usr/local/bin on your sophos 

- start with  udpxy -a eth0 -p 5000 -m eth1 -T -vvvv -c 100, where ETH0 is your LAN interface, ETH1 your WAN interface

- create a new network definition on sophos. "My Multicast", Type: Multicast Group, IP 239.0.0.0 (change this to your providers information), Netmask /8

- create a new service definition on sophos. "Streaming Port", Definition: TCP/UDP, Destination Port: 5000 (change this to your providers requirements), 

- create a new FW rule for the stream: Source: any ipv4, Service: "Streaming Port", Destination: "My Multicast"

- create a new FW rule for the stream: Source: internal lan, Service: "Streaming port", destination: Any

- create another FW rule - this is for udpxy: Source: internal network, Service: any, destination: internal adress (or the address of your proxy interfaces local addresss)

• Dear all

I have UDPXY working now. See below my settings if you come through google [1].

There is a last aspect I have to solve about the playlists. Maybe someone could give me a helping hand?

What works:

I can open streams by having http://<ip address of proxy interface>:<port>/udp/<destination stream address>:<port>.

Problem:

The IPTV provider has playlists to open channels. Those playlists cannot be edited on devices (apple tv) or apps.
    Every channel has <destination stream address>:<port>.

Question:

I would need to find a way to pass the requests on that particular port through udpxy.
    With Sophos UTM 9x, how can I have the UDP Proxy transparent? .. I was playing around with NAT but with no luck so far.

Kind regards

N3

[1] Settings/ Procedure

- Upload udpxy binary /usr/local/bin on your sophos 

- start with  udpxy -a eth0 -p 5000 -m eth1 -T -vvvv -c 100, where ETH0 is your LAN interface, ETH1 your WAN interface

- create a new network definition on sophos. "My Multicast", Type: Multicast Group, IP 239.0.0.0 (change this to your providers information), Netmask /8

- create a new service definition on sophos. "Streaming Port", Definition: TCP/UDP, Destination Port: 5000 (change this to your providers requirements), 

- create a new FW rule for the stream: Source: any ipv4, Service: "Streaming Port", Destination: "My Multicast"

- create a new FW rule for the stream: Source: internal lan, Service: "Streaming port", destination: Any

- create another FW rule - this is for udpxy: Source: internal network, Service: any, destination: internal adress (or the address of your proxy interfaces local addresss)

Children
No Data