This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM / User Portal: Works about once per day (locally defined users, not AD)

I am able to authenticate about once per day on the user portal with one user on one computer.
If I do it again with another user's credentials, I get the rather meaningless "user/password wrong or policy blocking" - popup.
I do it again the next day, I get again one shot.

With about 50 users who I would like to advise to look into their spam reports online... that's a tiny bit of a complete road block.

Some part on the Sophos UTM seems to cache a part of the login configuration, and simply rejects anything but the first remoteIP:userLogin pair.

a) Is there a way to debug this behaviour, to validate my theory?
b) Is there a way to circumvent this behaviour, e.g. by adding an undocumented parameter that skips the cache? (?no_cache=1 does NOT help.)
c) Is there a way to fix this behaviour by means of a hidden configuration setting? (I don't mind logging in as root and set some obscure flag, as long as things work afterwards...)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm not seeing this behavior here or at any client site.  What do you see in the /var/log/aua.log related to such a failed authentication?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm not seeing this behavior here or at any client site.  What do you see in the /var/log/aua.log related to such a failed authentication?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data