This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DNS Issues Since 9.509-3

So here is our current setup. Since we upgraded to 9.5.09-3 we have been having delays with DNS. In the Firewall logs I can see the DNS requests going out but the DNS in Windows sometimes comes back without results. I am testing right from the GDC server which points to the UTM. (we block direct external DNS so we relay all the DC's back to the one and then out to the UTM)   THe delays go anywhere from 5-10 seconds and then sometimes the pages load and sometimes you have to refresh them. I opened a ticket with Sophos and they have not been any help but to ask me to run DNS tests.

The internet connection is 100/100 fiber right into the outside interface of the UTM.  Back on the 9.3 we were running we had no issues.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If you see the delay in browsing, please show a related line from the Web Filtering log file.  If this is something other than browsing, please eplain.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • If you see the delay in browsing, please show a related line from the Web Filtering log file.  If this is something other than browsing, please eplain.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children