This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Users & Groups / Resetting?

ASG 320 x 2 in HA Mode

9.503-4

If I delete auto generated users that are synced via AD, will they re-spawn as necessary?

I recently cleaned up Microsoft AD, but don't think UTM synchs that way?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Don't.

The UTM user objects are created to track information that UTM needs and cannot store in AD.   This includes sync information for OTP, certificates for VPN SSL, and email address for Quarantine Management.   If you delete these objects for active users, you lose this data.

If you use only STAS, this approach might work for cleaning up STAS User Network Objects, which are in the Network Objects section, not the User section.   But I don't use STAS, so this answer is only theoretical and consequently worth less than what you paid for it.

• Hi, and welcome to the UTM Community!

My approach is to prefetch users in selected AD Security Groups at the bottom of the 'Advanced' tab in 'Authentication Services'.  Support can give you a script that deletes all remotely-authenticated user objects.  See #6 in Rulz to understand which users must be synced to the UTM.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA