This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9

Hi,

I have just installed Sophos UTM 9 on an old PC using the free license supplied when I downloaded from the Sophos site but after install a lot of the features are disabled.

Is this a limit of the free license?

I want a home firewall and antivirus solution which will also route the traffic through an OPENVPN tunnel? will Sophos do this or should I be using OPNsense or ClearOS?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Julian, and welcome to the UTM Community!

The target market for the UTM is business, that means that things that home users like are only added to the feature set if they also are requested by business customers.  Unlike some tools that are aimed at home use, the UTM cannot be made to be a client of a Remote Access VPN service.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, Julian, and welcome to the UTM Community!

The target market for the UTM is business, that means that things that home users like are only added to the feature set if they also are requested by business customers.  Unlike some tools that are aimed at home use, the UTM cannot be made to be a client of a Remote Access VPN service.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data