This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sky TV On Demand.

I am trying to get sky tv on demand service to work with our sophos utm 9.3.

I have set up a DNAT rule
DNAT
Traffic selector: Any → SKY Ondemand → External (Address)
Destination translation:  Sky Box House
Automatic Firewall rule:
Initial packets are logged:

and it also has a corresponding firewall rule
sources - Any
services - SKY Ondemand (port 3700)
destination - Sky Box House

And a firewall I created
sources - Sky Box House
services - SKY Ondemand (port 3700)
destination - Any

The sky box has a built in test and its all passes for the ondemand service.  The error I get is error 91 after starting the download on the sky box.

Has anyone else had any issues similar to mine with Sky TV ondemand?

Thanks

JK

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, check the UTM's logs; see rule #1:
    https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/51/t/22065

I haven't used Sky, but the IPTV services I have seen don't need DNAT.

Barry
  • I've Tried it without DNAT and then the built in Test fails.

I read another thread on these forums before where someone got there sky on demand working so I copied there setup.  Cant find the link at the moment, but i searched for sky tv on this forum search.

JK

CompKickers

• Do you have Web Filtering enabled on your UTM? That was preventing my Sky box from connecting to the on demand services.

I have a Sky box working behind a UTM in my current setup (no DNAT rules required), though I had to set it to bypass the UTM's Web Filtering. It might be possible to figure out the actual URLs the Sky box accesses and add them to a filter exclusion policy, but I didn't have the time / patience for that. Instead, I fixed the Sky box's IP address, and then excluded it from Web Filtering. You can do that by going to:

Web Protection -> Filtering Options -> Misc (tab) -> Transparent mode skiplist (section on Misc page)

Then add your Sky box to the "Skip transparent mode source hosts/nets" list and make sure you have "Allow HTTP/S traffic for listed hosts/nets" enabled at the bottom of that section.
  • Thanks adding the Sky box to the Web filtering exceptions solved the issue

JK

CompKickers

• Non of these suggestions worked for me, are there any other ideas, the "Sky box to the Web filtering exceptions" did nothing. All I can see is in the Firewall live log every packet sent by the Sky box is dropped, despite in desperation, having a firewall rule that says that any traffic from the sky box is allowed, seems the firewall just ignores that rule completely.

Also added the suggestion regarding allowing UDP 3700, added the DNAT as suggestion in another post.

Any help would be appreciated.