This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Slave node stuck in up2date state

Slave node stuck in up2date state. Reboot does not solve the problem.

MASTER: 2 Node2 198.19.250.2 9.403004 ACTIVE
SLAVE: 1 Node1 198.19.250.1 9.356003 UP2DATE

Login to slave node failed due of permission denied. Changing ssh passwords for slave via Webadmin does not work. 

Possible Reason:
version of package '/var/up2date/sys/u2d-sys-9.356003-404005.tgz.gpg' doesn't fit, skipping

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, and welcome to the UTM Community!

First, you should get Sophos Support involved.

That said, if you want to do this yourself, I would try the following:

1. Power down the Slave.
    2. Up2Date the Master to 9.404 (This will cause a reboot and about 5 minutes of down time.)
    3. Power up the Slave.  It should Up2Date itself and the Master should sync to it.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you will need to disconnect the Slave, re-image it, bring it up to the same version as the Master, power it down, re-connect it and power it back up.

Support needs to know about this though, so I reiterate the suggestion to get them involved first.

Cheers - Bob

EDIT: Later the same day:  I moved Giovani's post from the duplicate thread and then deleted the duplicate thread.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, and welcome to the UTM Community!

First, you should get Sophos Support involved.

That said, if you want to do this yourself, I would try the following:

1. Power down the Slave.
    2. Up2Date the Master to 9.404 (This will cause a reboot and about 5 minutes of down time.)
    3. Power up the Slave.  It should Up2Date itself and the Master should sync to it.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you will need to disconnect the Slave, re-image it, bring it up to the same version as the Master, power it down, re-connect it and power it back up.

Support needs to know about this though, so I reiterate the suggestion to get them involved first.

Cheers - Bob

EDIT: Later the same day:  I moved Giovani's post from the duplicate thread and then deleted the duplicate thread.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Hi BAlfson,

your howto worked fine for me, i had the same problem as described in the initial post. One exception for me though. I have "keep node(s) reserved during Up2Date" enabled (Management -> High Availibility -> Configuration -> Advanced) and had to start the upgrade on the slave node manually. Finally my HA is working again. Thanks!

Cheers,

Lars