This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connection timed out

Hello,

After I added the Port 9000 to our Destinationservice(because of "Target service not allowed) the website is always running into a connection timeout.

LOG:
id="0002" severity="info" sys="SecureWeb" sub="http" name="web request blocked" action="block" method="GET" srcip="172.16.23.29" dstip="*********" user="" statuscode="502" cached="0" profile="REF_RzznMYSNvX (ActiveDirectory)" filteraction="REF_IWbCvzZQHQ (Limited)" size="4658" request="0x9370cf0" url="system.*********.com:9000/.../report_1_14173.pdf" exceptions="av,auth,content,url,ssl,certcheck,cert date,mime,cache,fileextension" error="Connection timed out"

Any Idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, DerBexucher1, and welcome to the User BB!

statuscode="502"

If *********.com is trusted, then the quick solution is to add an entry for it in 'Exceptions' in the clients' Proxy Profile settings.  I assume you're letting 9000 out via Firewall rule also.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi BAlsfons,

thanks for you Answer. 
    How can I trust a website? I just added the website to our Filteractions in the field 'allowed Sites' (Websecurity -> Webfiler-Profile -> Filteraction) and the above given text appears in the Log.
    And how can I add 'Exceptions'? I also added the website to URL-Filter into the field 'Always allow these URLs/Sites'(translated from the german "Diese URLs/Sites immer zulassen".
  • The 'Exceptions' you need are in the clients' PCs.  This is the 'Proxy Settings' in Windows.  If you have Active Directory, you can distribute these to all users via a GPO.  Otherwise, you can use the DHCP option for a Proxy Auto-Configuration (PAC) file.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA