This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Country blocking exception rule

Hello. I have enabled country blocking for some countries, to reduce spam mail. I want to create an exception rule, that will allow incoming email, for specific country and specific email server (IP address or dns host name). How can I create the rule?

Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm also having issues creating a country block exception on 9.203

I have created exceptions using DNS hosts and IPs but the site comes up blocked every time.

Exception Setup:

Skip blocking of these: 
    Russian Federation

For All request going to these:
    DNS Host: docs.opencv.org
    IP Host: 81.176.228.4

Using these Services:
    HTTP
    HTTPS
  • I understood that [going to these] don't work.
    This doesn't work in 9.204-20 too.

I was using only [coming from these]. 
    This works fine.
  • I'm sorry to make it get confused. 
    [going to these] seems to work fine. (It is working in at least 9.204.)
    However, when it combines with WebProxy, it stops working.
    In this case, it can access by excepting URL Filter in Exceptions of Web Protection.
  • I got official word back from Sophos technical support and they are well aware that this is a known issue and there is no ETA on a resolution. Their suggestion was to disable the country blocking. The risk of opening up this traffic is too great for my organization though.
  • I got official word back from Sophos technical support and they are well aware that this is a known issue and there is no ETA on a resolution. Their suggestion was to disable the country blocking. The risk of opening up this traffic is too great for my organization though.
Children
No Data