This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ddclient/dyndns failed

Firmware version: 9.310-11

I've got FreeDNS und Strato running but Strato suddenly stopped working after last nights ISP reconnect with the following error:

2015:04:29-09:00:23 ***x ddclient[19216]: WARNING: file /var/cache/ddclient/ddclient.cache, line 3: Invalid Value for keyword 'ip' = ''
2015:04:29-09:00:25 ***x ddclient[19216]: WARNING: cannot send to dyndns.strato.com:443 (Bad file descriptor).
2015:04:29-09:00:25 ***x ddclient[19216]: FAILED: updating ***x.***: Could not connect to dyndns.strato.com.

FreeDNS is still working. Did reboot, clear cache, and recreated the Strato entry...

Any ideas? Thanks..

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Manual update with URL&Browser works fine. Heres the debug output of ddclient:

DEBUG:    url    = http://dyndns.strato.com/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname=***.***&myip=**.**.**.**
    DEBUG:    server = dyndns.strato.com
    CONNECT:  dyndns.strato.com
    CONNECTED:  using SSL
    SENDING:  GET /nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname=***.***&myip=**.**.**.** HTTP/1.0
    SENDING:   Host: dyndns.strato.com
    SENDING:   Authorization: Basic **************
    SENDING:   User-Agent: ddclient/3.8.2
    SENDING:   Connection: close
    SENDING:
    syswrite() on closed filehandle GEN1 at /usr/sbin/ddclient line 1924.
    Use of uninitialized value $result in numeric ne (!=) at /usr/sbin/ddclient line 1925.
    WARNING:  cannot send to dyndns.strato.com:443 (Bad file descriptor).
    FAILED:   updating ***.***: Could not connect to dyndns.strato.com.
  • Hi,

since yesternday, I have the same Problems.
    I have no ideas why the dyndns client not running.

Greetings
  • Hi,
    same problem here from April 29 2015 04:15 till April 30 2015 17:25. 
    But the problem is gone, ddclient is working again.
    Greetings